Friday, January 11, 2013

Currently...


Oh, how I love a blog post title that contains an ellipsis! Yes, because I'm a nerd.
And how I love being able to steal be inspired by this post from my girl Tami (and she was inspired by Gina). So big thanks to those ladies because I needed to write something and this made me want to do that so YAY!
Loving:    My kid, as usual. And that she got off to school even though she'd been awake since like 5:30 or so blowing her nose. My poor little snotty boo boo. But she's always just so awesome and a constant source of joy. I love a bunch of other stuff. Like my friends who keep me sane, my mother who REALLY keeps me sane, and I just love LOVE in general. Like, get some of that if you can, for real. It's kind of a big deal.
My wackadoodle doo representin' her Grandma's team 
Watching:    At the moment, amazingly, nothing. But then computer time doesn't usually include TV for me. But I imagine when I get off my butt and onto the treadmill I will probably finish this week's Top Chef. I so badly want to hang out with Stefan and drink and just listen to him tell stories. He amuses me so.
Oh, and soon I want to go to the movies and watch Silver Linings Playbook. Have any of you seen it?
Love. Him. photo credit Stefan's at L.A. Farm's Facebook page
Reading:    Not enough. About one billion things open on my Kindle. I guess I was last reading Pride and Prejudice, though I've read it many times. Buddhism for Dummies is always in my bathroom. Penny Marshall's book is open on the Kindle. Percy Jackson and the Olympians: Sea of Monsters. A YA sort of book, think Harry Potter-ish except the kids in the book are the products of relationships Greek gods had with mortals. Entertaining. Also reading several books with the kid including Wreck-It Ralph from the Disney Junior Novelization series (well-done and they read like the movies).
Anticipating:    Well, this is going to sound weird since in the Bay Area lately it's been like five degrees below zero (or like 38 degrees, as it is currently but to one as thin-skinned as I am weather-ararily it might as well be 5 below), but I am so looking forward to summer. I started thinking about that when I noticed the days getting longer, like when I get off work and it's not dark like it was just a little bit ago. I can't wait until it's summer and the kid and I have days off together and the weather is warm and we head to the beach. Cannot. Wait.

Listening To:  Regina Spektor on Spotify. The one I play over and over again is "Firewood." Much thanks to my teenage niece who would post about her on Facebook, as that's how I got turned on to her. Okay, the one playing right now is "All the Rowboats."  
Planning:  Geez. I don't know. Planning to plan more. A few social things if I can work out who will watch my kid. Planning to get back on my good eating plan tomorrow since I've been HORRIBLE at it recently on account of being all dramatic and emotional and being mad at people I love and junk and that makes me want to stuff my face which is stupid but it's true. Planning to exercise today since I think my energy is back after my double blood donation the other day. I think I'm also planning to clean some areas of my house I never bother with and to that end I already took a bunch of stuff off this one shelf in my office. We'll see how that goes.
Yep. A ton of plans. Sheesh.
Working On:    Oh man, I rambled on about stuff I'm planning to do that I could have maybe put here. Let's see. Working on being calmer. Counting my blessings or the agnostic version of those. Being healthier. Like, the stuff from my New Year's post, that sort of thing. But maybe my number one thing today is just chilling. And not being lazy, but just BREATHING. And not WORRYING about stuff THAT HASN'T HAPPENED YET. Working on not filling in spaces of silence in conversations with bad stuff. I'd be cooking with gas if I could do that.
Wishing:    That either my house was not the horrible mess that it is or that like I said in my Facebook status, I had a maid. Not even kidding. Dreading tackling it which is probably one of the reasons I'm writing, yet another stalling tactic! Hey, at least laundry's going. Though it's probably ready for the dryer...
What about you? What are you currently…?

2 comments:

Emma Green said...

I have been wanting to read Percy Jackson for awhile now. I think I will start it as soon as I finish my current read! And I LOVE Regina Spektor! Firewood is amazing :)

Jennifer Isa Workinprogress said...

Hi Emma! Yes, I love that Firewood song like, down to my SOUL. Just lovely. I hope you enjoy Percy. I read the first one a while back and found it just light and fluffy and fun with a little adventure so I hope you do, too! I truly feel one is never too old to read books written for youngsters, LOL!!!