Friday, July 19, 2013

I Was Trying to Write This One Post About Serious S#$t But It Was Too Hard So I'm Writing This Instead

Seriously, be nice to each other.


photo credit: www.bellabud.com

Be nice to as many people as is humanly possible.


photo credit: socialbap.com

I'm not saying if someone is a total douche you need to be nice to them, fuck that guy.

I'm just saying, look for some compassion. Dig down deep for some empathy. If it's not in there or you don't know what these things mean, look them up in a dictionary and then try them on for size and see how much better you feel.

Sharing things that are good and positive will make you feel that way. Sharing things that are negative and hateful will make you feel that way.

I have what will be a news flash for some people: History did not start the day you were born. Acting like current events only reflect life in the United States or the world as it is CURRENTLY is ludicrous. 

There are some super shitty people in the world. I choose to believe that there are more of us who are good and trying to be kind and generally mind our own business, just sometimes we're not as loud as the other ones.

Stop missing the point. For the love of all that is good and holy, please don't try to comment on how jacked up this news story about oranges is by sharing a news story about apples. Because fuck. Me. Seriously. If you can't reason and connect the dots and formulate an opinion based on what is being presented I don't want to fucking hear it. So that's me not being nice. But seriously. Try to get the point. That would be awesome.

Get a mirror. Look into it. See what you are putting out into the world. This is what you're going to get back. So if you don't like what you see, change something. Try to fix it.


photo credit: www.parisapartment.wordpress.com

I know the people who should see this won't. But I feel a little bit better for having said it.

I seriously hope that all of you have an awesome day and get to laugh and smile a bunch because that is the business right there.




No comments: