Thursday, November 22, 2012

(Random) Thanksgiving Day Thoughts

Random thoughts from my brain as I drink coffee and watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and listen to the kid talk about what's happening in the world of Club Penguin. And no, I don't understand a single thing she is saying but I listen and do my darnedest to appear interested. I just love being in the same room with her so whatever she is saying is fine by me.

Just heard my heater kick on; turned it on earlier because it was cold as heck in here but now we're fine and I am so lazy to get up and walk all the way across the house (I mean, we're talking like 30 feet away [and also I am a horrible judger of distances and I really did just try to picture laying myself out over and over and tried to estimate how many of me it would be to get over to the heater]) and turn it off. Okay, cool it's off I think. See, sometimes if you're lazy and you just hang out long enough, stuff takes care of itself.

"This is like, the BIGGEST shop here. Everything here costs a lot of gems." Kayla, regarding Animal Jam. No, I do not care. But she is still cute, especially in her Hello Kitty jammies.



I wish I had a ring like this lady from Today show who is one of the hosts of the parade. You know, the kind  that goes all the way up to your knuckle. I heart big rings.

I liked Matt Lauer better when he had hair. And before I heard stuff about his marriage and about him not helping to save Ann Curry's job. Am I mixing things up?

Oh, how I love love love Matthew Broderick!! And a Gershwin tune, you kidding me? How about you?

"SANTA'S ON HIS WAY!" Kayla, after they said Santa was still to come. Earlier when she heard he was gonna be there she was like, "Shouldn't this be the Christmas parade then?" You can't get anything past that kid. She also wanted to know why it was called the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade so we have already discussed sponsorship and advertising today.

I just went to check my email and on Yahoo I have it set that the only "news" I see when I go to my mail is entertainment news because when it comes to real news, I leave it to all of you to tell me what's going on in the world. Anyway, it said something about an ex-Price is Right  model getting 8.5 meeeeeeeelion dollars in damages and I wonder if this is the one who just won like almost $777,000 the other day so now I'll have to go check that out.

Blake Shelton's gonna have a Christmas special? Yes, I will watch that because he is really super cute. I can't help it and I'm sorry to say this but Reba McEntire's face bugs me. I like her okay, it's her face. 

Coffee... made it a wee bit strong this morning. Soon my fingers will be too shaky to type.

I'm doing that thing where I count backward from the time our movie starts today (going to take the kid to see Rise of the Guardians)... if I have to work out, get her ready, get myself ready, chop some broccoli and cauliflower, just how much time does that leave me to mess about on the computer? Math. It makes my brain hurt.

I am a Giancarlo Esposito fan. I like his face and his voice and I loved him the show Bakersfield P.D. which I think only my mom and I watched. They just talked to him at the parade because he is on a show on NBC I haven't watched yet called Revolution. Maybe I would check it out except for the fact that I only watch 87 billion other shows right now.

Hey, there's John O'Hurghley talking about hosting the dog show! I like dog shows AND I still think he shoulda won the first season of Dancing With the Stars. Dude got robbed. Well, it's just that people vote for that Kelly Monaco on account of her being on a soap and all.

The heater just kicked on again. Sheesh.

So the kid is listening to Chippette (the girl Chipmunks, she loves them) version of Rihanna's song, "Disturbia." She loves that song and always makes us do it on Just Dance 4. She loves other Rihanna songs and I don't like that anytime I think of Rihanna I think of that whole Chris Brown thing and it makes me glad that my kid is so young and innocent and it makes me wonder for how long I can keep her that way. In terms of not knowing about icky stuff in the world, you know? Double sheesh.

Carly Rae Jepsen is gonna be on the parade show later? I can't help it. I love that dang "Call Me Maybe" song.

Last night I sang some karaoke and the shelf thingy where it is was HECKA dusty. I need to do some dusting today. Or tomorrow. Yes, I know, it does sound really fun.

I love that Matthew Perry show, Go On. It is really super adorable and funny. I love that guy. I sure did want to marry Chandler Bing one day.

SANTA!!!!!

Geoffrey Zakarian in the parade! He is so cute.

Kermit! That whole thing about the Elmo guy breaks my heart. Like, if someone made up stuff and basically sort of ruined that guy... or if it really happened (but I tend to believe the former). Like, seriously. So sad. That sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me thing sounds like a bunch of bullcrap right about now, right?

Carly Rae Jepsen is on... and NOT singing my song. What the deuce? I get it, you want people to know that you have more than one song but I was actually sorta stalling so I could hear that dang song and well, also because I am really lazy and don't want to move.

Okay, I can't stall anymore. I need to get the exercise done and get us ready for the movies and I am SO looking forward to smelling wonderful Thanksgiving smells later and seeing my family because I love them so. 

I hope you guys all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Any random thoughts you'd like to share with me? How was your coffee? Did you like the parade? What are you doing today? What's YOUR favorite thing about this holiday?











No comments: