Thursday, May 2, 2013

All Kinds of Random A#$ S$%t Outta My Brain

This is the fear, this is the dread, these are the contents of my head (well, it's not all fear and dread, I just wanted to use the lyrics from this song):

Knowing when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, when to walk away, and when to run is a good thing. Yes. Everything Kenny Rogers ever taught us in The Gambler, back in the olden days before he got plastic surgery. That chorus is pure life lesson GOLD.

Also, seriously, go watch the video and see how studly Kenny was back in the day.

I'm trying to eat more slowly and pay attention to what I'm eating, thanks to my mindful eating group which is THE BUSINESS. As in, it's so good. As in, it's the s#$t.

You can't have an argument that goes like this:

Me: But it's orange!
Them: It's the number four!
Me: I'm trying to tell you, it's orange!
Them: You're crazy. That's the number four.

Because it's one of those deals where no one can hear anyone because they're stuck on four and orange. (See first thing about walking away, à la  Kenny. I don't know how to make an accent over a letter so I had to go copy and paste that because I'm lame. Shouldn't someone who calls themselves a blogger know how to do that? I think so.)

I need to be nicer. I can't go around thinking I'm a nice person and then not act like one. Even when I'm just trying to be funny. Sometimes I'm not nice and that sucks.


It's hella nice to be nice!
photo credit: books.simonandschuster.com

I need to write more. That's something I know all the time and I can't say it enough.

I'm this close to giving up The Real Housewives of Orange County because I'm not sure the fact that I like Heather, Gretchen, and Heather's husband is enough of a reason to devote forty-two minutes each week to that show. I mean, yes, I do heart O(ther)P(eople's)D(rama), but sheesh. I'm not caught up right now but that dinner party at Tamra's new gym? What a train wreck. 

I'm about to eighty-six my cable. I threaten this all the time. But seriously. Like, maybe just keep my basic cable. I don't even know about the damn DVR anymore. It's like that with me and paying that bleeping cable bill at this juncture. I think the amount of cable I currently have should only be allowed if I have a sugar daddy or a husband and neither of these gentlemen are on the horizon.

We had a lice thing at our house. The kid caught a few nits from a friend at school. It could have been SO MUCH WORSE. We seriously lucked out because she has a shit ton of hair. What I found out is that tea tree oil, when you mix a few drops in with your shampoo, can supposedly help keep those motherfuckers away, but also tea tree oil smells like something you would use to strip paint off of walls. Just saying.


This is some strong stuff that is supposedly good for a whole bunch of stuff, Google that shit.
photo credit: blondeponytail.com

Coffee is really good. It's like, so good. I would want to break stuff if I could not have it in the morning.

Maybe this is the weekend I will REALLY clean my house. I mean, it could happen. Granted, it's 10:09 a.m. and I'm still at the computer working on my second cup of coffee and after this it's TV and exercise but yes, sure, it could happen. I might get infused with a crazy insane bolt of energy that has me flying about the place actually cleaning and not just moving stuff from one spot to another. It could happen. It also might not happen.

One of my Facebook friends just posted something about body weight exercises today. I think I'm going to see if I can do a plank. Because I'm not sure I have tried except as part of a yoga routine once, sorta, maybe. Here is Brooke Burke doing some planking, and then she gets all crazy and starts flipping around and junk and I'm like come on, let's not get crazy, but thanks for the suggestion. I have some friends doing a squat challenge and I have done a whole buttload of those recently. I love squats, that's good shit right there. And you can totally bust those out at work. Like get up, take a break, do a set of 10. Repeat later. You're welcome for the advice on getting your booty nicer on the job.



photo credit: www.wonderhowto.com

I am rocking out to Offspring on Spotify right now. This is seriously one of my most favorite songs of ever. Yup, banging my head like a boss right now. That bass line is ridiculous.

I can't believe it's May. WTF happened to April? Also in my neck of the woods it has been way to hot for May so thank goodness that weather trend is on the way out the door because it was just stupid.

Still severely lacking a budget. Sigh.

Oh yes. I need to clean my fridge, too. Damn, why don't I go crazy and actually clean off the TOP of the fridge, too? Sheesh. I just might.

I love love. Just in general.

I love to sing and I've been trying to sing more and play around with this movie making program on the computer because it's fun. Stuff like that keeps me off the street.

Having the ability to not worry about stuff that has yet to happen, at least not all the time, is a gift. I am thankful to being older, wiser, and slightly medicated.

I am very thankful to the person who decided you should take berries and freeze them and sell them. This makes me hella more likely to eat fruit instead of the thing I do where I buy fruit and let it go bad. Now to work on ways to get more of it into my kid. Yes, same old story there, gotta have her eating healthier. Period.

I recently watched Superbad. I can't believe it took me so long to watch it. One of the funniest movies ever. Granted, sometimes I think I have the sense of humor of a high school boy so you know, don't go by me. But seriously. So funny. McLovin. Oh how I love him. Check this out. Also Jonah Hill is so delightfully manic in this movie. It is funny, raunchy, outrageous, and also sweet and genuine. Cannot recommend it enough.


photo credit: boomstickcomics.com


So that's my brain. It's empty now. Thanks for letting me dump it. I'll go put some more stuff in it and check you guys soon.







No comments: